Home Interior Design Trends For Your 2019 Renovation
If you’re planning a home renovation or redesign, whether it’s a total revamp to extend and/or make better use of your space, or an opportunity to refresh outdated fixtures and fittings, it’s a good time to think about how you can incorporate some of the latest design trends to create a modern, stylish space that works for you.
These are just a few of the stand-out interior design trends you can incorporate regardless of how ambitious or modest your project size.
Kitchen design trends
Designing a new kitchen takes careful consideration – it’s a large financial outlay so you’ll want to make sure the design and materials you choose are durable. While you may want to incorporate the latest trends, you also want to ensure that you opt for a design that won’t quickly go out of fashion.
These are a few ideas to help you create a kitchen space that’s modern, stylish, and timeless.
- Natural elements – the trend for choosing natural materials for your kitchen such as stone, copper, concrete and granite has been around for years and is growing rather than abating. Opting for natural materials adds a sense of warmth, serenity and sustainability to a space that can otherwise feel cold and functional.
- Brass accessories – the popularity of brass over traditional stainless steel and chrome accessories like taps and light fittings follows the trend for creating warmer, more earthy and elegant spaces.
- Black & white décor – the contrast of black against white has a timeless quality, and in a kitchen having a solid black work surface against white kitchen units is a great way to break up the monotony of all-white. Or you could be really dramatic and opt for dark cabinets with a white worktop – the ultimate in modern elegance.
- Matt finish – again, following the trend for natural, sustainable styles and materials, kitchen units in a matt finish are more durable, provide even colour and absorb light, making them the go-to choice over gloss units.
Keeping it natural
The trend towards natural materials follows through to every area of the home, including the bathroom, where concrete walls and tiles are incredibly popular. Modern staining and printing techniques means you can enjoy the strength and durability of concrete without compromising on style and colour, and you can soften the look with other natural materials like wooden floors.
The overlapping curves of mermaid, or scallop tiles are very on trend, and popular in kitchens as well as bathrooms. They come in large and small, so if you love this softer alternative to the square or rectangular tiles you can go all out in floor-to-ceiling scallops, or you can use them to add a sense of shape and colour to your sink backsplash.
Add a splash of colour
This year’s colours are all about achieving warmth and serenity.
The top 3 colours splashed throughout homes, interiors magazines and home stores UK wide are:
- Mustard yellow – a bold, confident yet calming shade that works best against neutral backdrops like white and pale grey.
- Living coral – this subtly vibrant shade has exploded in popularity this year – not just throughout the UK but worldwide, adding a splash of colour to everything from furniture to walls and accessories.
- Tropical print – it’s back to nature again with the trend for tropical print furniture, wallpaper and soft furnishings, adding that sense of contrast and colour to any room.
Let us help you plan your new loft design
If you’re thinking of incorporating a loft conversion or kitchen extension into your home redesign project, the team at Abbey Partnership can provide specialist design and planning advice to help you make the best use of your space.
Contact us for more information and a no-obligation quote.